With the summer season fast approaching, families have started to plan vacations. Everyone gets excited at the idea of a vacation with family. It offers you quality time to spend with your loved ones. Here are some of the Best places for Holidays if you too are looking for a fun filled Family Vacation.
- Ladakh – Ladakh is situated in Jammu & Kashmir and is a place of enormous beauty. It is filled with snow capped mountains and terrains. Ladakh is one of the most favorite destinations to go trekking. It’s a must visit for adventure lovers. Leh is the capital of Ladakh. It is the most important place to visit. Jeep Safari Tours, Mountain Climbing, Trekking and Yak Safaris should be tried if you visit Leh.
- Shillong – Situated in Meghalya, Shillong is situated at an average altitude of almost 5000 feet above sea level. Shillong is famous for its natural beauty and pleasant weather. Beautiful landscapes, waterfalls and emerald lakes of Shillong attract tourists from all over the world.
- Mahabaleshwar – Mahabaleshwar in Maharashtra is one of the most popular hill stations in India. Its picturesque valleys make it the right place to enjoy the view of nature. Dhobi Waterfalls, Sunset Point, Pratapgarh Fort, Mahabaleshwar Temple and Elephant’s Point are some of the tourist attractions. It is also a great trekking destination.
- Sikkim –Sikkim is the second smallest state in India after Goa. Sikkim is a very refreshing and energetic place to visit. Buddhist Monasteries and Waterfalls of Sikkim are very popular tourist attractions. Sikkim too is a great trekking destination. A small town called Pelling, which is a four hour drive away from the capital city of Gangtok, provides the best view of Mount Khanchendzonga (World’s third highest mountain).
- Kodaikanal – Kodaikanal is referred to as the ‘Princess of Hill Stations’. It is one of the best holiday destinations in Tamil Nadu. This hill station is settled 7200 feet above sea level. Tourist spots Kodai Lake, Wax Museum, Pine Forest, Echo point and Green Valley View Point are must visit for everyone.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands –Located in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman & Nicobar Islands is a group of over 572 islands. Port Blair and Havelock Island are the main tourist spots. Port Blair offers scuba diving and glass bottom boat trips to provide views of corals and marine life. Amusement rides are offered by the family-friendly Gandhi Park on shore. Havelock Island is the most beautiful and popular among the Andaman Islands. It also provides Glass-bottomed boat trips. The sea food is absolutely delicious and dominates every meal.
- Manali – Manali is a very popular hill station situated in Himachal Pradesh. No matter what season it is, Manali is always crowded. It is one of the most preferred destinations for family vacations in India. Solang Valley is very popular for family adventure activities. Rohtang Pass near Manali is on the list of almost every vacationer. Manu Temple, Vashisth Temple and Hidimb Devi Temple are popular temples visited by tourists.